The Canal at Delacour CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) Action Plan
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Important information
Physical distancing and other restrictions still apply.
Alberta Health Services Mandatory Procedures
To protect yourself and others:
- Practice physical distancing (6 feet distance at all times).
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or your elbow.
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands.
- Avoid travel outside Canada.
- Watch for COVID-19 symptoms: cough, fever, shortness of breath, runny nose or sore throat.
Follow mandatory self-isolation requirements:
- 14 days if you recently returned from travel outside of Canada or are a close contact of someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, plus an additional 10 days from the onset of symptoms, should they occur, whichever is longer.
- 10 days minimum if you develop any COVID-19 symptoms, or until the symptoms resolve, whichever is longer.
- All essential turf care protocols will continue and be updated to ensure the long-term health and survival of the property.
- All staff are following the AHS mandatory procedures and providing additional cleaning and disinfecting.
- We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation closely and make any adjustments as they are required or as determined by government restriction adjustments.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
First and foremost, the safety of our Members, Guests and Staff is our number one priority.
We will be implementing, and strictly enforcing measures and precautions throughout the property, as recommended by the Government of Alberta, Alberta Golf, PGA of Alberta, NGCOA, ASGA and Alberta Health Services. We appreciate your patience and understanding during these trying times.
WHAT TO KNOW: Prior to Arriving at the Golf Course:
- Online booking: Online booking is available, but advanced payment is currently turned off. You must pay for green fees and cart fees when you check in at the pro-shop.
Golf:* 18 holes available. Permitted to play as 3-somes and 4-somes once again* Not required to be from same household or with a regular cohort* Maximum 2 carts per group will be allowed unless players have an Annual Pass* Expected pace of play is 4 hours
- If you are sick or not feeling well, DO NOT come to the course. PLEASE STAY HOME!
- Arrive no more than 30 minutes prior to your tee time.
- We have spaced out our tee times (10 minutes) to reduce the number of people at the golf course at one time
Driving Range:* Range will open 6:40am – 7:30pm daily* Range will be for warm-up only. NOT FOR PRACTICE AT THIS TIME.* Baskets containing 25-30 balls will be available at the Starter Shack and you must be on the tee sheet in order to access the range* You must receive a ticket from the pro-shop to receive your balls from the starter* You can start warm-ups on the range, no earlier than 30 minutes prior to your tee time
Patio and Deck:* Both Upper Deck and Lower Patio will be open. MAXIMUM 4 PEOPLE PER TABLE.* Unlike with your golfing partners, you are only able to sit with members from your own household, or with up to 2 of your designated cohorts.* Tables and Chairs are not to be merged together.* Chairs from the deck are not to be moved to the patio.* If you are not able to sit, unfortunately you are not able to stay on either the deck or patio* Physical distancing and other restrictions still apply.
- Our staff are trained to recognize the symptoms of COVID-19 and know how to act responsibly if they detect or exhibit symptoms. Our staff has full authority to direct those who ignore our Covid-19 rules to leave the property.
- Leagues have been modified to accommodate all restrictions and mandates.
- Some member events and corporate events are cancelled or rescheduled.
- Lessons are only available by appointment. Contact Kyle Miller Golf Inc. at (403) 493-3053 or Bob Davidchuk at (403) 590-4515 in advance to book your lesson.
WHAT TO KNOW: Upon Arrival at the Course:
- Please avoid parking immediately adjacent to another vehicle, where possible. Avoid other patrons arriving or departing.
- Maintain Social Distancing of 6 feet. It will be strictly enforced on the property.
- After you park your vehicle, please approach the pro-shop and speak to our starter. Our greeters will direct you how to proceed. Our Starter will provide you with information on how to play safe while on our property and they will answer any of your questions.
- Maximum of 4 guests in the pro-shop at one time.
- The Half way house window is open for take-out orders. The beverage cart will be available on course with limited days and hours.
- All power carts are sanitized prior to being lined up in the staging area with 6′ distance between carts. Sand bottles will not be available.
- Self serve scorecards and pencils have been eliminated. Please ask your starter for a scorecard and pencil.
- Please use the hand sanitizing stations around the facility and on the golf course if required. Bring your own sanitizer or purchase some in the pro-shop.
- Touchless, cashless or online prepayment is our preferred type of payment.
- Golfers are asked to handle their own clubs for the duration of their visit.
WHAT TO KNOW: While on the Golf Course:
- Golfers must comply with all marshals/greeters’ directions. They are there to assist you and everyone else in STAYING SAFE for the day.
- Flag sticks and cups will be sanitized daily. However, DO NOT TOUCH or REMOVE the flag stick.
- All on course ball washers will be out of service until further notice. Benches have been removed.
- Rakes will not be provided for bunker raking at this time. Please do your best to smooth disturbed sand with either your shoe or golf club. Local Rule in effect for bunkers during this time will allow you to improve your lie if in a disturbed area.
- Do not pick up your playing partners clubs or ball during the course of play.
- We ask that you please refrain from the traditional hand shake or hugs at the end of your round. OBEY THE 6′ RULE AT ALL TIMES.
- We look forward to providing you with a safe and enjoyable experience, but it requires that EVERYONE does their part while on our premises.
- Our staff will be monitoring our guests at all times to ensure social distancing measures and other COVID-19 guidelines and procedures are being followed.
WHAT TO KNOW: After your round
- If you are using a power cart or pull cart please remove all your own garbage and recyclables and return the carts to designated areas.
- You may visit the patio for food and beverage with family members only (max 4 per table).
GOLFERS NOT ABIDING BY OUR COVID-19 POLICIES AND PROCEDURES WILL BE DIRECTED TO LEAVE THE PREMISES IMMEDIATELY.
We will have a zero tolerance policy in effect!
Fines for violating a public health order have been doubled ($2,000 per individual). First
time offenders could be fined up to $100,000