The Canal at Delacour CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) Action Plan
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Important information
Updated October 5th
If visiting the golf course in the off season, you must wear Masks inside all buildings (mandatory)
Do not come to the golf course if you are sick
THE GOLF COURSE IS NOW CLOSED FOR THE 2021 SEASON
THE RANGE IS CLOSED FOR THE 2021 SEASON
* THE CLUBHOUSE IS CLOSED FOR THE 2021 SEASON
Your safety and the safety of our employees is always a top priority here at the golf club.
Alberta Health Services Mandatory Procedures
To protect yourself and others:
- Practice physical distancing
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or your elbow.
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands.
- Avoid travel outside Canada.
- Watch for COVID-19 symptoms: cough, fever, shortness of breath, runny nose or sore throat.
Follow mandatory self-isolation requirements:
- 14 days if you recently returned from travel outside of Canada or are a close contact of someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, plus an additional 10 days from the onset of symptoms, should they occur, whichever is longer.
- 10 days minimum if you develop any COVID-19 symptoms, or until the symptoms resolve, whichever is longer.
- All essential turf care protocols will continue and be updated to ensure the long-term health and survival of the property.
- All staff are following the AHS mandatory procedures and providing additional cleaning and disinfecting.
- We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation closely and make any adjustments as they are required or as determined by government restriction adjustments.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Online booking: Online booking is available, but advanced payment is currently turned off. You must pay for green fees and cart fees when you check in at the pro-shop.
Golf:* 18 holes available. Permitted to play as 3-somes and 4-somes once again* Not required to be from same household or with a regular cohort* Maximum 2 carts per group will be allowed unless players have an Annual Pass* Expected pace of play is 4 hours
- If you are sick or not feeling well, DO NOT come to the course. PLEASE STAY HOME!
Driving Range:* Range will open from 10:30am – 4pm daily* Range will be for warm-up only. NOT FOR PRACTICE AT THIS TIME.* Baskets containing 25-30 balls will be available at the Starter Shack and you must be on the tee sheet in order to access the range* You must receive a ticket from the pro-shop to receive your balls from the starter
Patio and Deck:* Both Upper Deck and Lower Patio are open.* Chairs from the deck are not to be moved to the patio.
- Lessons are only available by appointment. Bob Davidchuk at (403) 590-4515 in advance to book your lesson.
WHAT TO KNOW: While on the Golf Course:
- Rakes will not be provided for bunker raking at this time. Please do your best to smooth disturbed sand with either your shoe or golf club. Local Rule in effect for bunkers during this time will allow you to improve your lie if in a disturbed area.
- We look forward to providing you with a safe and enjoyable experience, but it requires that EVERYONE does their part while on our premises.
Be Safe and Enjoy your day at The Canal!
The Canal Management Team