Coronavirus (COVID-19) Important information
The golf course was allowed to open on May 4th
Alberta Health Services Mandatory Procedures
To protect yourself and others:
- Practice physical distancing (6 feet distance at all times).
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or your elbow.
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands.
- Avoid travel outside Canada.
- Watch for COVID-19 symptoms: cough, fever, shortness of breath, runny nose or sore throat.
Follow mandatory self-isolation requirements:
- 14 days if you recently returned from travel outside of Canada or are a close contact of someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, plus an additional 10 days from the onset of symptoms, should they occur, whichever is longer.
- 10 days minimum if you develop any COVID-19 symptoms, or until the symptoms resolve, whichever is longer.
- All essential turf care protocols will continue and be updated to ensure the long-term health and survival of the property. The golf course conditions will reflect limited staffing levels during this time.
- All staff are following the AHS mandatory procedures and additional cleaning and disinfecting .
- We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation closely and make any adjustments as they are required or as determined by government restriction adjustments.
WHAT TO KNOW:
First and foremost, the safety of our Members, Guests and Staff is our number one priority.
We will be implementing, and strictly enforcing, additional measures and precautions throughout the property, as recommended by the government of Alberta, Alberta Golf, PGA of Alberta, NGCOA, ASGA and Alberta Health Services. We appreciate your patience and understanding during these trying times.
WHAT TO KNOW: Prior to Arriving at the Golf Course:
- If you are sick or not feeling well, do not come to the course. PLEASE STAY HOME!
- All tee times must be made either on-line or by calling the pro-shop. NO WALK-ONS ARE PERMITTED.
- We will be spacing out our tee times (10 minutes) to reduce the number of people at the golf course at one time.
- The Driving Range is closed until further notice.
- The Half way house is open for take out with a limited menu.
- We have increased the frequency of routine cleaning with approved antimicrobial products and we will be sanitizing and disinfecting all common and high traffic areas and frequently touched surfaces.
- Our staff are trained to recognize the symptoms of COVID-19 and know how to act responsibly if they detect or exhibit symptoms.
- Leagues have been modified to accommodate all restrictions and mandates.
- Member events and corporate events are cancelled or rescheduled.
- On-course lessons are available and can be booked by contacting Kyle Miller Golf Inc. at (403) 493-3053 or Bob Davidchuk at (403) 590-4515.
WHAT TO KNOW: Upon Arrival at the Course:
- Maintain Social Distancing of 6 feet. It will be strictly enforced on the property.
- GATHERINGS of 100 people are allowed in outside spaces.
- After you park your vehicle, please approach the pro-shop and speak to our starter. Our greeters will give you detailed information of everything you need to do to keep safe and will answer any of your questions you may have.
- Maximum of 8 people in the pro-shop, including staff.
- The Clubhouse is open at 50% capacity. We have tables on the patio and near the putting green as well. No sit down table service will be provided.
- All power carts are sanitized prior to being lined up in the staging area with 6′ distance between carts. Sand bottles will not be available.
- Self serve scorecards and pencils have been eliminated. Please ask your starter for a scorecard and pencil.
- Please use the hand sanitizing stations around the facility and on the golf course if required.
WHAT TO KNOW: While on the Golf Course:
- Flag sticks and cups will be sanitized daily. However, DO NOT TOUCH or REMOVE the flag stick.
- All on course ball washers will be out of service until further notice. Benches have been removed.
- Rakes will not be provided for bunker raking at this time. Please do your best to smooth disturbed sand with either your shoe or golf club. Local Rule in effect for bunkers during this time will allow you to improve your lie if in a disturbed area.
- Do not pick up your playing partners clubs or ball during the course of play.
- We ask that you please refrain from the traditional hand shake or hugs at the end of your round. OBEY THE 6′ RULE AT ALL TIMES.
- We look forward to providing you with a safe and enjoyable experience, but it requires that EVERYONE does their part while on our premises.
- Our staff will be monitoring our guests at all times to ensure social distancing measures and other COVID-19 guidelines and procedures are being followed.
WHAT TO KNOW: After your round
- After your round we ask that you limit your time at the club.
- If you are using a power cart or pull cart you must remove all your items and garbage on your own and return the carts to designated areas by the cart barn.
GOLFERS NOT ABIDING BY OUR COVID-19 POLICIES AND PROCEDURES WILL BE DIRECTED TO LEAVE THE PREMISES IMMEDIATELY.
We will have a zero tolerance policy in effect!
- First offense will result in a loss of playing privileges for 2 weeks and the second offense will result in loss of playing privileges for the remainder of the season.
- No refunds on green fees or memberships will be given if this were to occur.
- It is extremely important that everyone takes this very seriously!!
WARNING! Police are doing spot checks at golf courses around Alberta and giving out $1000 – $500,000 fines to individuals or businesses for breaking COVID-19 guidelines!
Failure to comply could result in the closure of the golf course for the entire 2020 season and the very likelihood that we would never open again.