The Canal at Delacour CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) Action Plan
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Action Plan
- At this time the Depot Bar and Grill will remain closed until further notice. The Pro-Shop remains open 10am – 4pm daily.
- We are asking that all inquiries and questions be done by phone or email until further notice. Scott or Bob will be in the Pro-Shop during this time, alternating days of work. Jenn will be working from home for the foreseeable future.
- We have asked any employee that has traveled recently or that have been in proximity to anyone that has traveled in the past 14 days to self – isolate at home for the next 14 days.
- Any employee that feels ill or shows signs of being ill will be asked to stay home and self – isolate for the recommended 14 day period.
- We have adopted the “Social Distancing Procedures” as laid out by Alberta Health Services.
- We will continue to monitor the situation closely and make any adjustments as they are required.
When we open:
During this time, we would like to provide an update on how operations will work when the course is permitted to open for the 2020 season. First and foremost, the safety of our Members, Guests and Staff is our number one priority. We will be implementing, and strictly enforcing, additional measures and precautions, as recommended by Alberta Health Services, throughout the property. We appreciate your patience and understanding during these trying times.
Prior to Arriving at the Golf Course:
- If you are sick or not feeling well, do not come to the course. PLEASE STAY HOME!
- Effective immediately, all tee times must be made either on-line or by calling the pro-shop. NO WALK-ONS ARE PERMITTED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
- Payment must be made at time of booking, when booking on-line, and a credit card must be provided for all bookings made through calls to the pro-shop. WE WILL NO LONGER BE ACCEPTING CASH AS PAYMENT UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
- Any purchases made at the course (balls, tees, gloves, etc) must be paid via credit or debit card.
- Tap is the preferable way to complete these transactions. Credit card terminals will be sanitized regularly throughout the day.
- Single players will be unable to book until further notice.
Upon Arrival at the Course:
- The AHS requirement for Social Distancing of 6’ will be strictly enforced on the property. We will not be pairing any golfers with unknown individuals.
- Please arrive no less than 10 mins prior to your tee time. You will be able to check in through the window in the pro-shop to prevent having to enter the building. Total persons permitted in the pro-shop, including staff will be a maximum of 5.
- We will be increasing spacing on the driving range, which will reduce our capacity. Please limit your time to accommodate all members and guests. Range balls will be cleaned and sanitized
- Restaurant and snack bar will offer take out only, and with a limited menu. Minimal seating will be offered on the patio. No table service will be provided until further notice.
- Beverage cart will run in compliance with local mandates.
- All golf carts will be sanitized prior to being lined up in the staging area.
- Public spaces within the clubhouse will be closed to all members and guests. We will be increasing sanitation of our washrooms, pro-shop, POS terminals and all high touch surfaces.
While on the Golf Course:
- Flag sticks and cups will be sanitized daily, however we are strongly recommending that all players leave flags in at all times when putting. As well, consider generous gimmie putts, to
avoid having to reach into the cup to retrieve your ball.
- All on course ball washer will be out of service until further notice.
- Rakes will not be provided for bunker raking at this time. Please do your best to smooth disturbed sand with either your shoe or golf club.
- Do not pick up your playing partners clubs or ball during the course of play.
- We ask that you please refrain from the traditional hand shake or hugs at the end of your round. Obey the 6′ Rule!!
- Please ensure you wash your hands prior to leaving the club.
- We look forward to providing you with a safe and enjoyable experience in the future.
Thank you all for your support during this time and please stay safe!
Wash your hands frequently
Limit contact with others as much as possible
Stay home if sick or worried of becoming sick
If you must cough or sneeze, do so into a tissue or your upper sleeve, and NOT your hands
Keep all surface areas clean, wipe door handles, light switches, telephones, keyboards, etc…